It is well known that a physician’s wellbeing and Quality of Life can impact the quality of treatment.  Without specialization, pathologists split their time between anatomical pathology, clinical lab work, teaching, research and administrative duties.  Sub-specialization in pathology creates opportunity for improved learning, leading to higher satisfaction with diagnoses in those specialties. More specialized work has also shown improvement in the quality of diagnosis. 
Other stresses plague pathologists. Case load and pathologist accessibility are high on this list. So how can live, real-time telepathology further improve the pathologist’s QOL and the quality of patient care?
- Convenient live slide evaluation from any location, within or outside the institution.
- Live consultation for accelerated diagnoses, faster treatment and better patient outcomes.
- Increased efficiency in case review, reduced waiting time, and opportunity to review more cases.
- More opportunities for training (and mentoring) by sharing sessions with fellow pathologists and specialists.
- Improved access to specialist consultations, even when not on-site.
- Reduced cost and risk of breakage from transportation of slides to the pathologist for evaluation.
- Expanded convenience and flexibility affording pathologists enhanced work-life balance.
- Enhanced ability to collaborate and share knowledge between institutions.
Are you using live remote telepathology, or is it in your future? The ACCU-SCOPE RC500 Remote Collaboration System can support your telepathology goals and enhance your quality of care.
Interested in a demonstration of the RC500? CLICK HERE to request a demonstration